Actually, I’m posting this just because it’s been almost a week since I last posted and I felt I should let people know what’s going on. And, as you wait with bated breath, because the adventurous Big Cracker is always entertaining, there’s really nothing to tell. Unfortunate, I know. Other than a potluck lunch at work yesterday, and a new Big Cracker food creation, it’s been pretty quiet. I’ve been re-running Season 3 of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and I managed to get all my Christmas shopping done, wrapped and mailed. Woo! I had to bail on D&D last night, since I had to go to the dentist for some kind of treatment on a couple of my molars. Although, I did spend the extra time at home getting a pretty decent score (IMO; it was 73) in Tower Defence.
My food creation? Smoked turkey tortilla rolls:
- 6 flour tortillas (at room temperature)
250mL spreadable cream cheese
I used roasted red pepper cream cheese.
see my guacamole recipe, minus the onion and tomato
- about 300g thinly sliced smoked turkey breast
On each tortilla:
- spread the cream cheese thinly almost to edge of tortilla
- lay turkey slices to cover same area
- spread guacamole
- roll tightly, periodically lifting slighty to ensure ingredients are not squeezed out
- refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours
- immediately prior to serving, slice diagonally into 4-5cm wide slices